There are 4 kinds of programming.
1. Machine Code Programming
2. Procedural language programming
3. Object-Oriented Programming
4. Imperative Programming
You can find the programming paradigm in detail in below wiki link.
The object-oriented programming is widely used now a days with support by many languages.
There are mainly 4 Design Patterns which you can use to build the software in more productive way.
1. Creational Pattern
– The Singleton Pattern.
– The Factor Pattern
2. Structural Pattern
– The Adapter Pattern
– The Proxy & Decorator Pattern
– The Composite Pattern.
3. Behavioral Pattern
– The Observer Pattern.
– The Strategy & Template Pattern.
4. Concurrency Pattern.
– Single Thread Execution Pattern.
I will brief each design pattern & It’s use cases in my next blog.